Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Delayed onset...

If you don't know what "delayed onset" is...I think you are lucky.  Delayed onset is that thing that is preventing me from lifting my arms right now...it's when you work out really hard and then you hurt not right away, but like a day (or more) after...my trainer is a P-R-O at delayed onset...  I always think at the end of the workout...wow, that wasn't too bad...and then...here is comes...

Yesterday was tricep/shoulder/back day...I don't like tricep/shoulder/back day...  But, then again, I don't love ab/bicep/chest day, either...I kind of only like leg/glute day...and that's really only because they are the strongest part...

I do really like my trainer...she's awesome and kicks my butt...just enough.  She's doing her best to get me across the finish line of the marathon soon.  But, some days, I really really REALLY question my (and her) sanity.  Days I can't really walk or move my arms or sit up using my abs...those days, well... :-)

So far, so good, though.  Peaked last weekend with my 19 miler...on the downhill now!  Also have lost about 13 lbs, unsure really how many inches, and I can absolutely tell my muscles are stronger.  Above all...some of my "long lost" pants are fitting now!!!  Praise the LORD! 

So...I guess it's worth it!  Tomorrow is leg day...so I will be walking weird Thursday!  ;-) 

Oh, well!  I smile on!

No comments:

Post a Comment